Juventus star Paulo Dybala said Wednesday he was given all clear six weeks after contracting coronavirus, but Serie A rivals Torino confirmed that one of their players tested positive.
“Many people talked in recent weeks … but I can finally confirm that I am healed. I thank you once again for your support and my thoughts on all those who still suffer from it . Take care, “tweeted the 26-year-old Argentina forward.
But the city rivals Torino revealed that unnamed player had been diagnosed with Covid-19 in testing the players and the Serie a team staff a return to individual training this week.
“in the first effect medical testsSIU CF Torino players, a positivity Covid-19 emerged “, said the northern club as queECLARATION.
“The football player, currently asymptomatic, was immediately quarantined and will be continuously monitored. “
Torino were one of the clubs to express their concerns about a return to competition in Italy grapples with a pandemic that has killed nearly 30,000 people in the country.
Torino President Urbano Cairo this week admitted that there were “divergent views”, although officially the 20 Serie A teams have supported finishing the season suspended since March 10.
Dybala was one of three Juventus players to test positive with Italy defender Daniele Rugani and BlaiseMatuidi France.
Rugani was the first Italian top flight footballer diagnosed with the virus on March 11. he and World Cup winner recovered mid-April Matuidi.
Dybala was diagnosed on March 22, and his girlfriend Oriana, who recovered earlier from the disease.
Dybala Wednesday also posted a picture of himself on Instagram with his arms outstretched looking at the sky: “My face says it all, I’m finally cured of Covid-19. “
champion Juventus of Italy also confirmed their Argentine star had recovered
” the player ,. therefore recovered and will not be subjected to solitary confinement at home “said Juventus in a statement.
Thursday, the Italian Federationfootball (FIGC) will meet Technical Scientific Committee of the Government to discuss the medical protocol for the formation of the group planned May 18
But the minister Vincenzo Spadafora Sports warned it was “impossible defixer a date “for a return to action Serie a before seeing how contagion evolves over the coming weeks.